NOW Coalition Performance Improvement (PI) CME Activity
Approved for ABPN and ABIM Maintenance of Certification
Serious about practice change? The NOW Coalition for Bipolar Disorder Performance Improvement Module (PIM) offers the opportunity to improve performance associated with the diagnosis and management of patients with bipolar disorder.
All educational activities required as part of the PI-CME process are accessible online 24 hours a day. Learners can progress at their own pace, but the following are suggested reasonable time lapses:
- Stage A: Complete a self-assessment survey and 10 chart entries (> 1 week)
- Stage B: Complete at least three educational interventions via the online NOW PI-CME portal and implement changes to your practice (minimum of 30 days)
- Stage C: Each learner will complete a post-assessment survey and undertake 10 chart entries (> 1 week)
Available Credit Upon Completion of this Module
- Earn Assessment and Performance in Practice points toward your MOC requirements through American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- Earn 20 points toward the Self-Evaluation of Practice Performance requirement of Maintenance of Certification (MOC) through the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Approved Quality Improvement (AQI) Pathway
- Earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Earn up to 20 Prescribed Credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians (for physicians only)
What is PI-CME?
Learn how you can earn up to 20 credits by participating in the NOW Coalition for Bipolar Disorder Performance Improvement activity.
NOW Coalition PI-CME Video
Watch Nancy Davis, PhD, Executive Director of the National Institute for Quality Improvement and Education (NIQIE), discuss the NOW educational initiative, the NOW measures, and the importance of performance improvement CME.